Legal Aid

Legal Aid 2018-02-22T16:38:12+00:00

Mono County Superior Court Self-Help Center

This local resource provides the following information:

  • Information regarding free assistance from a court provided attorney regarding representing yourself in court and family law assistance. The court provided attorney is Chuck Schneider. To receive assistance from Mr. Schneider, please call him to set up an appointment at (760) 258-7372.
  • Services in Spanish are currently available on Tuesday afternoons. Please call (760) 914-2165 to make an appointment. Servicios en español están disponibles los martes. Llame al (760) 914-2165 para hacer una cita.
  • Information regarding a website maintained by the California Administrative Office of the Courts which provides forms and information for those who are self-represented or anyone wishing to be better informed about the law and court procedures.
  • Information regarding the California Superior Court EZ Legal File Program website. The website will help you fill out various legal forms that may be necessary for you to initiate or respond to a legal action. The site will guide you through completing the forms available by asking questions and completing sections of the forms based on your answers.

Eastern Sierra Area Agency on Aging (ESAAA)

ESAAA provides counsel and advice, brief services, and referrals to all low-income persons in Inyo, Mono, and Alpine counties.

  • Full Legal Representation
  • Brief Advice
  • Self-Help Materials

Contact information:

873 N. Main St. Suite 120
Bishop, CA 93514P: (760) 873-3581 or (800) 736-3582
F: (760) 873-7461

California County Law Libraries

Law Libraries in California are established by Business & Professions Code 6300 et seq.
Each County Law Library receives a portion of court filing fees as allocated in Business and Professions Code 6321.

Contact the Mono County Law Library at (760) 934-8670 or and ask about their legal resources!