Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, November 4, 2019
Meeting at 5:30 p.m.
COUNCIL CHAMBER, 437 OLD MAMMOTH ROAD
MINARET VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER, SUITE Z
NOTE: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. at (760) 934-4740. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc to make arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 13.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
1. Call to Order of the regular meeting of the public benefit corporation, 501(c)3, Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. whose mission is to support affordable housing for a viable economy and sustainable community.
Roll call: Lindsay Barksdale, Stacy Corless, Zoraya Cruz, Tom Hodges, Jiselle Kenny, Jennifer Kreitz, Kirk Stapp, Agnes Vianzon, Richard Plaisted
2. 5:30 – 6:00 PM Work Session – The Board will discuss potential future governance trainings and/or strategic topics to agendize for future meetings and will share dinner with one another. No distinct action will be taken.
3. Public Comments: This is the established time for any member of the public wishing to address the Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. Board of Directors on any matter that does not otherwise appear on the agenda. Members of the public desiring to speak on a matter appearing on the agenda should ask the Chairman for the opportunity to be heard when the item comes up for consideration. This item will not begin before 6:00 PM.
4. Approval of the minutes from the October 7, 2019 regular Board meeting – action item
5. Present Stacy Corless with a Certificate of Appreciation for her service on the Mammoth Lakes Housing Board of Directors – action item
6. The Board will participate in a facilitated discussion regarding prioritization of Strategic Plan Goals
7. Review and approve the MLH and Sierra Housing Advocates, LLC FY 2019-20 First Quarter Draft Financial Statements – action item
8. The Parcel Update – information item
9. 238 Sierra Manor Road Update – The Board will review and possibly approve a contract for services with Kevin Daly Architects for the conversion of the property from commercial to residential – information item
10. MLH Monthly Update – information item
11. Updates from Committees – information item
a. Governance (standing)
Kirk, Jennifer, Stacy, Agnes
b. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (standing)
c. Programs & Housing Development (ad-hoc)
Tom, Richard, Jennifer, Lindsay
d. Marketing & Communications (ad-hoc)
Jiselle, Lindsay, Stacy
12. Board Member Reports
13. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a), Conference with Labor Negotiators, the Council will meet with its representatives, The Governance Committee (Kirk Stapp, Jennifer Kreitz, Stacy Corless, Agnes Vianzon) with respect to the following position: Executive Director.
Announcement of Action Taken in Closed Session
14. Consideration of merit pay increase for the Executive Director based on the annual evaluation conducted by the Board of Directors in accordance with the organization’s policy, as well as consideration of a cost of living increase.