Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, August 5, 2019
Meeting at 5:30 p.m.
COUNCIL CHAMBER, 437 OLD MAMMOTH ROAD
MINARET VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER, SUITE Z
NOTE: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. at (760) 934-4740. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc to make arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 13.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
1. Call to Order of the regular meeting of the public benefit corporation, 501(c)3, Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. whose mission is to support affordable housing for a viable economy and sustainable community.
Roll call: Lindsay Barksdale, Stacy Corless, Zoraya Cruz, Tom Hodges, Jiselle Kenny, Kirk Stapp, John Wentworth, Agnes Vianzon, Richard Plaisted
2. 5:30 – 6:00 PM Work Session – The Board will discuss potential future governance trainings and/or strategic topics to agendize for future meetings and will share dinner with one another. No distinct action will be taken.
3. Public Comments: This is the established time for any member of the public wishing to address the Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. Board of Directors on any matter that does not otherwise appear on the agenda. Members of the public desiring to speak on a matter appearing on the agenda should ask the Chairman for the opportunity to be heard when the item comes up for consideration. This item will not begin before 6:00 PM.
4. Approval of the minutes from the July 1, 2019 regular Board meeting – action item
5. Approval of the minutes from the July 22, 2019 special Board meeting – action item
6. Accept the resignation of John Wentworth and appoint Kirk Stapp to the Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. Board of Directors as the Town Council Representative for the Town of Mammoth Lakes – action item
7. The Board will receive a presentation from Kevin Daly Architects on the design process for 238 Sierra Manor Road to date, and provide input regarding design alternatives – information item
8. The Board will receive a presentation from Jake Castro, MLH’s Rural West Intern on his experience at the intensive, week-long affordable housing development training provided by the California Coalition for Rural Housing at UC Davis – information item
9. The Board will receive a presentation from the Town of Mammoth Lakes Community & Economic Development Department regarding the Town’s housing mitigation policy – information item
10. The Parcel Update – information item
11. THIS ITEM WAS REMOVED.
12. The Board will review and possibly approve a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Mono County Department of Behavioral Health and Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. for the purpose of establishing a Latino Housing Advocacy Group – action item
13. The Board will review and provide feedback on the draft Executive Director evaluation forms and process – Governance Committee – information item
14. The Board will review and discuss the MLH and Sierra Housing Advocates, LLC FY 2018-19 Fourth Quarter Draft Financial Statements – information item
15. MLH Monthly Update – information item
16. The Board will reschedule the regular Board meeting in September – action item
17. Updates from Committees – information item
a. Governance (standing)
Kirk, Stacy, Agnes
b. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (standing)
Zoraya, Jiselle, John
c. Programs & Housing Development (ad-hoc)
Tom, Richard, Lindsay
d. Marketing & Communications (ad-hoc)
Jiselle, John, Stacy
18. Board Member Reports
Download the entire packet here.