Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Committee Meeting
Friday, July 19, 2019
Meeting at 10 a.m.
MAMMOTH LAKES HOUSING OFFICE, 587 OLD MAMMOTH ROAD,
SHERWIN PLAZA 3, SUITE 4
NOTE: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. at (760) 934-4740. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc to make arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28 CFR 13.102-35.104 ADA Title II)
Call to Order of the Governance Committee of Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc., a public benefit corporation, 501(c)3, whose mission is to support affordable housing for a viable economy and sustainable community.
The meeting was called to order at 10:07 AM.
1. Roll Call:
Members present: Jiselle Kenny, Zoraya Cruz
Staff: Patricia Robertson
2. Public Comments:
3. Approval of the minutes from the June 18, 2019 committee meeting.
Jiselle Kenny made a motion to approve the minutes as amended. Zoraya Cruz seconded the motion. The motion passed 2-0.
4. The committee will discuss the MLH Strategic Plan, 2019-2023 and prioritize DEI-related work items.
• Patricia noted that she reached out some trainers but hasn’t heard back. She will continue to make contacts.
ii. Meeting Agreements
• The group reviewed the examples and drafted some agreements to share at the 8/5 Board meeting in a workshop format.
• Expected approval at the September meeting.
iii. Outreach to Latinx community
• The group agreed to postpone MLH coffee talks for now and focus on existing events that reach the Latinx community
• Staff will work on providing a Tenant’s Rights workshop in Spanish
5. Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at 11:17 am.