Governance Committee Meeting
Friday, July 19, 2019
Meeting at 2 p.m.
MAMMOTH LAKES HOUSING OFFICE, 587 OLD MAMMOTH ROAD,
SHERWIN PLAZA 3, SUITE 4
NOTE: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. at (760) 934-4740. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc to make arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28 CFR 13.102-35.104 ADA Title II)
1. Call to Order of the Governance Committee of Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc., a public benefit corporation, 501(c)3, whose mission is to support affordable housing for a viable economy and sustainable community.
The meeting was called to order at 2:09 PM.
2. Roll Call:
Kirk Stapp, Stacy Corless (arrived 2:10), Agnes Vianzon
3. Public Comments:
4. Approval of the June 14, 2019 minutes.
Kirk Stapp made a motion to approve the minutes. Agnes Vianzon seconded the motion. The motion passed 1-0 with Kirk Stapp recused.
5. The committee will discuss the MLH Strategic Plan, 2019-2023 and prioritize governance-related work items.
a. The committee discussed a draft of the Executive Director personnel review process.
i. The committee discussed a timeline for the 6-month review of the Executive Director.
· August Board meeting: Review draft template, solicit feedback from the Board on ED performance
· August/September: Governance Committee to meet and review feedback, including ED self-evaluation
· September: Governance Committee to meet with the ED to review evaluation
· October Board meeting: Closed Session for ED evaluation
b. The committee discussed a process for reviewing the Bylaws.
i. September: Patricia will email out the Bylaws to the committee for review.
ii. October: The committee will meet to review Bylaws
iii. November Board meeting: The committee will present ideas to the Board for any updates or revisions.
c. The committee received an update regarding starting the regular Board meetings at 5:30 to discuss Board governance and strategic topics calendar
d. The committee received an update regarding the meeting agreement being drafted by the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee.
6. Adjourn: the meeting adjourned at 2:41 pm.