MAMMOTH LAKES HOUSING, INC.
Board of Directors Meeting
Monday November, 6th, 2006
Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. Office
587 Old Mammoth Rd. #5
(Ground Floor Sherwin Plaza 3)
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
Members: Mark Carney, Rusty Gregory, Byng Hunt, Kirk Stapp, and Rob Clark
Staff: Mark Maldonado, Pam Hennarty, Norma Tapia
Press: Ted Carlton and Laura Kirkner
III. Public Comments
IV. Approval of Minutes from the Meeting of October 2, 2006
Minutes approved as presented 5-0 vote.
V. Discussion of Organizational Development
Presentation and discussion of organizational chart including staff responsibilities, positions required to meet organizational objectives. Including retaining Steve Black as Consulting Engineer.
VI. Status Report on All Projects
A. Meridian Court
• 2 units still available 1-1 bedroom, 1- 3 bedroom
B. Aspen Village
• Steve Black resolved some issues we had with Lahanton
• There are some issues with Edison which are causing delay of Certificate of Occupancy
• Crews on the job site are working diligently
• There may be some conflict after the project is finished due to costs over runs
• The Open House will take place November 14th, 2006 at 5:00
C. The Jeffrey’s
• Closed bonds three weeks ago
• Buildings are set and the roofs are sealed
• Occupancy this summer
• Trees scheduled to be removed this week
• Construction to start in the Spring
E. Aspen Village Townhomes
• The townhomes will be built on site
• Cost estimates are in process
F. Tavern Road
• The Use Permit has been submitted to the Town
• Scheduled to go to ADP early December and Planning Commission in January
• Krump Construction agreed to do a cost estimate
• Proposal to Cal Trans to maximize use of parking spaces in process
• Infrastructure Bank- Bond rate financing possible for parking costs
• Need relief from Cal Trans- lease payments requirements
• Temporary parking location in process of being determined
VII. Discussion of Town Employee Home Buyers Assistance Program
The Town offers this program to First Responders and their employees. This program might be of interest to other employers. Mammoth Lakes Housing has worked with the Town in setting up this program and likely contract to be the program administrator.
VIII. Review of First Quarter Financials
Review of Financials for September 30, 2006. Board asked for a tutorial on reading financial statements. As requested Allegra Stevens, Consulting Accountant will be at the January meeting. Executive Director, Mark Maldonado suggested we go on a Affordable Housing Tour in California. It was decided the Tour will take place in the spring.
IX. Mono County Community Housing Development Organization
• Description of Community Housing Development Organization
• Discussion of Mammoth Lakes Housing’s options on how to participate in Mono County housing issues.
X. Mammoth Unified School District’s Crowley Lake Property
• Discussion regarding possible project on School property. Mammoth Lakes Housing to create information packet for school district and other employers and possibly establish a liaison committee with the School Board.
XI. Discussion of and Possible Action of Workforce Housing Mitigation Strategy
• Discussion of establishment of policies vs. board getting involved in each project.
• Need a standard- be fair to developers
• Discussion of options to build on site vs. benefit
• Multiple pieces of a mitigation project
• Discussion of a mitigation ordinance, and Mammoth Lakes Housing staff and Board roles in alternative mitigation plans. Items of discussion included TOT vs. on-site conflict. Board would like to see all alternatives being used including allowing multiple options on one project. Will continue on a project basis.
XII. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957, the Board will enter into closed session for the purpose of considering a Personnel Matter.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
No action taken during closed session.