MAMMOTH LAKES HOUSING, INC.
Board of Directors Meeting
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Minaret Village Shopping Center
Special Meeting Minutes
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
Members: Bill Taylor, Byng Hunt, Jim Smith for Rusty Gregory, Kirk Stapp, and Rob Clark
III. Public Comments
IV. Joint session with Town of Mammoth Lakes Town Council
Kirk Stapp lead in the discussion on the six points discussed at the September 24th joint session with the Town Planning Commission. Consensus was reached on all six points with the Planning Commission. These same six points, as delineated in the agenda bill for this meeting, were discussed at this meeting and follows as such:
1) A product type must be created that people will want to live in. A bad example of this is the San Joaquin Villas in regards to bedroom size and high level AMI pricing. Livability should be driving the Mammoth Lakes Housing (MLH) Strategic Plan and should be defined by the consumer.
2) Items two, three, and four were discussed as one item. The MLH Board does not feel that developers should be required to provide financial pro formas if the Town Council supports and adopts a fixed fee. The fixed fee will be reviewed annually.
3) See #2
4) The Town Council needs to decide what percentage will correctly address a community benefit if off-site housing is proposed.
5) The toolbox should have flexibility so that it may be refined or new tools added.
6) It was agreed that policy direction from the Town Council is necessary for MLH to move forward with the Community Housing Strategy. Rob Clark stated that MLH will be closing the loop between Planning Commission and Town Council with information brought forth from the Community Housing Strategy.