Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, October 7, 2019
Meeting at 5:30 p.m.
COUNCIL CHAMBER, 437 OLD MAMMOTH ROAD
MINARET VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER, SUITE Z
NOTE: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. at (760) 934-4740. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc to make arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 13.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
1. Call to Order of the regular meeting of the public benefit corporation, 501(c)3, Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. whose mission is to support affordable housing for a viable economy and sustainable community.
Roll call: Lindsay Barksdale, Stacy Corless, Zoraya Cruz, Tom Hodges, Jiselle Kenny, Jennifer Kreitz, Kirk Stapp, Agnes Vianzon, Richard Plaisted
2. 5:30 – 6:00 PM Work Session – The Board will discuss potential future governance trainings and/or strategic topics to agendize for future meetings and will share dinner with one another. No distinct action will be taken.
3. Public Comments: This is the established time for any member of the public wishing to address the Mammoth Lakes Housing, Inc. Board of Directors on any matter that does not otherwise appear on the agenda. Members of the public desiring to speak on a matter appearing on the agenda should ask the Chairman for the opportunity to be heard when the item comes up for consideration. This item will not begin before 6:00 PM.
4. Approval of the minutes from the September 9, 2019 regular Board meeting – action item
5. The Board will receive a presentation of the Chamber of Commerce’s Workforce Housing Program, website, and progress to date – informational item
6. Accept the resignation of Stacy Corless, Vice President, as the Mono County Board of Supervisor’s representative – action item
7. The Board will elect a Vice President – action item
8. The Board will discuss and assign various committee appointments – action item
9. The Parcel Update, the Board will receive an update on The Parcel progress and possibly approve a comment letter to the Town Council and the Planning & Economic Development Commission regarding the Design Alternatives – action item
10. MLH Monthly Update – information item
11. Updates from Committees – information item
a. Governance (standing)
Kirk, Stacy, Agnes
b. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (standing)
c. Programs & Housing Development (ad-hoc)
Tom, Richard, Lindsay
d. Marketing & Communications (ad-hoc)
12. Board Member Reports
13. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957, the Board will hold a closed session to consider the evaluation of performance of an employee, title: Executive Director.
14. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 the Board shall hold a closed session with the Board’s designated representative(s), the Governance Committee (Kirk Stapp, Jennifer Kreitz, Stacy Corless, Agnes Vianzon), regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits of its unrepresented employees (Executive Director) and may include discussion of MLH’s available funds and funding priorities, but only insofar as these discussions relate to providing instructions to the local agency’s designated representative(s). The purpose of this is to review MLH’s position and instructing MLH’s designated representative(s). No action is to be taken.
Announcement of Action Taken in Closed Session
Joint Town Council / Planning & Economic Development Commission Workshop 10/9/19, 1 PM, Suite Z Materials: