Mammoth Lakes Housing administers a variety of funding sources to provide rental assistance in our communities.
If you are in need of emergency financial support in order to pay your rent, contact us to see if we may be able to help. We will review your application, touch base with both you and your landlord via phone, and if you are eligible we may send a check directly to your landlord to help with your payment.
Funding Sources, Guidelines, & Applications
Town of Mammoth Lakes, CARES COVID-19 Emergency Subsistence Payment Program
- Up to 3-months of support for past-due utilities and mortgage payments, maximum assistance $6,000 per household
- Must earn below 80% of the Area Median Income
- Frequently Asked Questions
CA COVID-19 RENT RELIEF
THE STATE’S APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON MONDAY 3/15
FUNDING IS AVAILABLE IN UNINCORPORATED INYO COUNTY.
You may apply for up to $500 one-time while funds last. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Program Guidelines
- Online application / Solicitud en español
- Download the application here: ENGLISH / SPANISH
Mono County & the Town of Mammoth Lakes
FUNDING IS STILL AVAILABLE IN MONO COUNTY AND MAMMOTH LAKES. Applications are processed by month, on a first-come first-served basis.
Rental Assistance Continues to be Available in both the Town of Mammoth Lakes and Mono County – The original program guidelines permitted households to apply for up to four (4) months of partial assistance. Due to the ongoing economic impacts of the public health emergency and corresponding community needs, both the Town and Mono County have extended the availability of emergency rent payment assistance funds. Households may now apply for up to a maximum of eight (8) partial rent payments per lease agreement.
- Town of Mammoth Lakes Guidelines / Pautas
- Mono County Guidelines / Pautas
- Application / Solicitud
- Declaration of Economic Impact (fillable form) / Declaración de Impacto Económico (formulario rellenable)
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- Self Declaration of COVID-19 Economic Impact/Declaración-Propia de Impacto Económico por COVID-19/
CARES COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program – Town of Mammoth Lakes
THE CURRENT APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED. Applications for the 1st lottery were accepted between November 2, 2020 and November 13, 2020.
- Guidelines / Pautas
- Frequently Asked Questions / Preguntas Frecuentes
- Application Checklist
- ONLINE APPLICATION
Mono County First 5
- Home must be located within Mono County
- Household must have children under the age of 6
Community & Private Donations
- MLH will follow accepted guidelines and distribute rental assistance to those community members in need